La Maison des Enfants is a French Immersion preschool and kindergarten program which includes two classrooms. All instruction is given in French and children are divided in groups according to their age. We maintain small group sizes to achieve the best quality of education.
The curriculum is inspired by the world-renowned French Ministry of Education. Our education emphasizes fun, respect, good manners, arts, music, physical exercise, and good food.
All children must be toilet-trained prior to attending.
Preschool and Kindergarten activities include:
Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year
Thank you for your interest in La Maison des Enfants French Immersion Program for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please make sure to read our handbook for the 2022-2023 school year before applying. You can download that here: : FIP Handbook 22.23. If you are having trouble with our online application/registration process please refer to our new users' handbook here: Technotic New Users
Instructions for the Online Application Process:
Here are the steps to make sure you are registered:
- Click appropriate link (see below) and pay application fee and make sure to assign the “class” to your child. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Fill out application form in your dashboard in your account. If you don’t see the form in your dashboard, you might not have assigned your child to the class. Please see the new users ‘ guide link above to help you complete that step.
- Birth certificate or passport: Please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly readable photos are okay, but please attach as a jpg file to the email rather than embedding the photo in the email.
Applications will not be accepted until all steps above are taken.
- Preschool 1 (Date of birth 9/2/2018 - 9/1/2019): This class is full. Please contact Jennifer at email@example.com to be placed on an interest list for this program.
- Preschool 2 (Date of birth 9/2/2017 -9/1/2018): **UPDATE** we have a very limited number of spots open for this class. Please contact the Tanner office at 801-581-7374 to apply.
- Kindergarten (Date of birth 9/1/2017 or earlier): https://shop.tannerdance.utah.edu/tickets/events/fip-kindergarten-22122021-0304
Program options and School Year Tuition for the French Immersion Program 2022-2023
Preschool 1: 3 years old (birthdate on or before 9/1/2019)
Half day tuition: $6,420.00
Extended day: $8,950.00
**Correction** Preschool 2: 4 years old (birthdate on or before 9/1/2018)
Half day tuition: $6,575.00*
Extended day: $9160.00*
*Tuition was previously listed incorrectly. This is the tuition for this age group. (Page/info updated 1/10/2022)
Kindergarten (birthdate on or before 9/1/2017)
Half day tuition: $6,730.00
Extended day: $9,370.00
Installment plans will be available as well as a 5% discount for payment in full before 7/1/2022. More information about tuition, policies, and dates available in the 2022-2023 Handbook.
Learn more about our program through this short video
Monday through Friday
9:00 am - 1:00 pm (half day) and 9:00 am - 3:00 pm (extended day)
Official link to French curriculum for preschool: www.education.gouv.fr/bo/2008/hs3/programme_maternelle.htm
Administrative questions e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is located on the campus of The University of Utah at the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts & Education Complex, 1721 Campus Center Drive, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112.
Parent Orientation - Friday, August 27, 2021 at 5:30pm
First Day of School - Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Labor Day No School – Monday, September 6, 2021
No School – Friday, September 24, 2021
Fall Break No School – October 14 & 15, 2021
Parent -Teacher Conferences - Friday, November 5, 2021
Thanksgiving break No School – Nov. 24-26, 2021
Winter Break No School – December 20, 2021 - January 4, 2022 (school resumes on Tuesday, January 5, 2022)
Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday No School – Monday, January 17, 2022
Open House/Informational Meeting for prospective families - Saturday, January 29, 2022
Registration for 2022-2023 year begins for public - Monday, January 31, 2022
President’s Day Weekend No School – Friday, Feb 18 and Monday, Feb 21, 2022
No School – Friday, March 11, 2022
Spring Break No School – March 28 - April 1, 2022
Parent Teacher Conference - Friday, April 15, 2022
No School – Thurs. and Fri., May 5 & 6 , 2022
Memorial Day No School – Monday, May 30, 2022
Last Day of School - Friday, June 3, 2022