Updated March, 24th 2020
With the continued closure of Utah’s K-12 schools, Tanner Dance will also be closed until May 1. We are working to continue providing our services the best way we can during these trying times. With this in mind, please look for links and emails from us about our virtual classes, and updates regarding rescheduled performances.
We are also working on some options for live digital classes, so please stay tuned.
Stay healthy and safe.
Tanner Dance Staff
Message originally sent March 13th, 2020
As a precaution, and for the care of all our dancers, families, faculty, and staff, we will be closing all Tanner Dance programming for two weeks beginning on Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 29. This closure includes all classes and rehearsals for CDT, Studio, Contemporary Companies, Fine Arts Preschool, French Immersion Program, Arts-in-Education, and Adults with Disabilities.
- We will no longer hold CDT company rehearsal on Monday, March 16.
- For those dancers involved in the Carnival of the Animals performances, those have been cancelled.
- We know this is disappointing for our CDT families, but for everyone’s health and safety, Salt Lake County has closed all arts and cultural centers through the end of March, and this includes Capitol Theatre. We are planning to postpone the CDT concert. We are working with the theatre to schedule alternative dates in the fall. We still want to honor our graduating seniors, and will schedule a future date for their reception at the studio.
- At this time, we are still planning on holding our May performances: Elevate, Studio Show, and Tipping Point Showcase.
- We are planning to move forward with Sandy and Arts Festival performances in June, and will be sending a revised rehearsal schedule out shortly.
At this moment our office staff is telecommuting to avoid unnecessary risks. We won’t we able to answer the main phone line, but will continue to constantly monitor our email server throughout this time. For any questions at all you may have, please email email@example.com
This situation is changing daily, and we will continue to communicate promptly with any changes that may affect the Tanner Dance community. Stay healthy and safe.
Tanner Dance Staff