Dancer + Parent Check List:
1) Read our Health + Safety Plan for Fall 2020
2) Check your new CDT class time
3) Sign up to be a health + safety volunteer
We are returning to the Studio!
We are looking optimistically to fall and returning to CDT classes at the studio on August 24th! This summer we have spent a great deal of time researching how to return to the studio as safely as possible. We have spoken to public health officials, medical experts, colleagues across campus, and administrative leaders to discover how best to protect our faculty, staff, and all of our Tanner Dance students and patrons. Please take a moment to review our health and safety plan.
Read our full Health + Safety Plan for Fall 2020
- All CDT dancers must be dropped off in the west circle. Staff and volunteers will check each dancers’ temperature before they enter the building. Any dancers with COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to return home, along with any dancers in their carpool. In order to minimize the amount of traffic in the building, parents and visitors will not be allowed inside.
- Dancers must wear a mask.
- Dancers must arrive already dressed in dance clothes, and with minimal personal items. Locker rooms will not be available for changing cloths.
- Dancers must bring their own water bottle labeled with their name. Please do not bring any food.
- Sanitizing stations will be located at each door for dancers to use as they enter and exit.
- Dancers will be asked to maintain social distancing at all times.
- All CDT dancers must exit through the back door or east stairwell and be picked up in the east circle accessed via 1800 East.
Thank you for helping us keep our community safe!
Adjusted CDT Class Times for Fall 2020
As part of our health and safety plan, we have adjusted some of our class times to accommodate cleaning and sanitizing our studios between classes, and to decrease the amount of dancers traveling through the hallways at the same time. Please check below to see your new CDT class time.
- Miss Melony’s 3rd grade: Tuesdays 4:30 – 6:00 PM
- Miss Mimi’s 3rd grade: Tuesdays 4:30 – 6:00 PM
- Miss Mary Ann’s 4th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 4:15 – 5:45 PM
- Miss Ann’s 5th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 4:15 – 5:45 PM
- Miss Ashley’s 6th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 4:30 – 6:00 PM
- Miss Tina’s 7th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Miss Diana’s 8th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Miss Natalie’s 9th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 6:15 – 7:45 PM
- Miss Corinne’s HS I: Mondays + Thursdays 7:45 – 9:15 PM
- Miss Joni’s HS II: Mondays + Thursdays 7:45 – 9:15 PM
- Miss Chara”s Dance Ensemble: Mondays + Thursdays 8:00 – 9:30 PM
We need parent volunteers who can help check temperatures and monitor dancers as they move through the building. If you are healthy and able to help us, please click the link below to sign up for a time slot. There will be a training session for volunteers on Thursday, August 20 from 1:00 – 2:00 PM.
We appreciate your help to make our return to the studio as smooth and as safe as possible!
Sign Up to be a Volunteer
Invention Concert Postponed
Our faculty and staff have carefully considered health protocols for this fall along with limitations for theater attendance, and the impact these circumstances have on our ability to rehearse and perform a large production. We have decided to tentatively postpone our Invention performances until our spring dates in February, 2021. We also have some tentative dates held as another option later in the spring should we need to postpone further.
We will be refunding tickets purchased for the original March 2020 dates. Arttix will be handling that process, so please look for an email from them rather than calling the Tanner Dance office.
We are working on ways that dancers can rehearse with their past teachers as we get closer to our concert dates, as well as opportunities for classes to create dances with their new teachers. It is difficult to forecast exactly what this year will look like, but we will keep you updated as plans solidify or change.
Tuition Scholarships Available for CDT Dancers
We are boosting our scholarship funds in order to assist more families this year. We have eased the requirements for qualification and have extended scholarships to apply to all of Tanner’s programs.
The deadline to apply for a CDT scholarship is Wednesday, July 15.
Please click below to see more information about how to apply.
Follow us on social media for fun dance and art ideas you can do at home! Share your creations with #tannerdanceathome.