Dancer + Parent Check List:
1) Get your Halloween costume ready for class this week.
2) Sign up to be a CDT class coordinator.
3) Complete our High School summer camp survey.
4) Check our COVID + parking reminders.
5) Get your tickets for the Momentum Showcase.
6) Register to watch the Ring Around the Rose performance.
CDT Class Coordinators
We still need class coordinators for the following CDT classes:
- Miss Tad’s 2nd Grade
- Miss Mimi’s 3rd Grade
- Miss Mary Ann’s 4th Grade
- Miss Ashley’s 6th Grade
- Miss Tina’s 7th Grade
- Miss Diana’s 8th Grade
- Miss Natalie’s 9th grade
- Miss Mary-Martha’s HS I
Class coordinators assist with class communications, help schedule costume fittings, and other event coordination. Class coordinators have the opportunity to complete many of their volunteer hours from home. (Each CDT family is asked to provide 20 volunteer hours per year.)
This volunteer position is for the 2020-2021 dance year (Sept – April). You may claim 7 hours volunteer time even if you don’t work all 7 hours during the dance year, and if you work more than 7 hours you may claim as many hours as you work.
If you are interested, please sign up by Tuesday, Nov. 3.
We appreciate your help!
The CDT 2nd and 3rd grade classes will be celebrating Halloween this Tuesday, Oct. 27 in class, and CDT 4th-6th grade classes will celebrate on Thursday, Oct. 29. Your dancer may wear their costume to class on this day.
- Your face mask will be required for entrance into our building as per usual. Do not put a costume mask over your cloth mask. If you want, make your cloth mask part of your costume.
- Please arrive already dressed in your costume. Remember there is no changing in the bathrooms or locker rooms.
- Please be sure that you can dance in your costume and that you have bare feet for dancing.
Health + Safety Reminders
- When dropping off your dancer, please pull up all the way into the circle rather than letting your dancer out at the bottom of the drive or on the east side of the building. See map below for access points.
- Please remind your dancer not to prop open any outside doors as they leave the building. This is against fire code, and poses other safety issues for our dancers and faculty.
- If your dancer is exposed to someone with COVID-19, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and keep your dancer home for 2 weeks, or until they receive a negative test result. We will provide you with Zoom links so that your dancer can still participate in class during this time.
- If your dancer tests positive for COVID-19, please inform the office immediately so that we may notify your dancer’s class of the exposure. We will not disclose your name when notifying families.
- Please remind your dancer to wear a mask at all times, even when dancing outside.
- We encourage you to please be careful and considerate when participating in group activities outside of Tanner Dance. Our in-person format depends on everyone’s cooperation, and we want our community to be healthy and safe. Thank you!
High School Summer Options
As we look into next summer we are considering innovative options to keep our high school dancers engaged and well trained. Consistent , ongoing technique and composition classes will help our dancers achieve significant growth as performers, choreographers, and athletes. In an effort to offer more continuity to dancers throughout the summer, we are considering alternatives to the usual one week intensive camp.
We’d greatly appreciate your input as we look at new options. If you have a dancer who will be entering 9th-12th grade for the 2021-2022 school year, please click the button below and complete a quick survey.
Momentum Showcase – Nov. 7 at 6 PM
The Tanner Dance Contemporary Companies present the 4th annual Momentum Showcase, this year as a live streamed virtual event. This show provides a behind-the-scenes look at how dancers work and create together, and includes original choreography by the students as well as professional guest artists.
Tickets are $5 each. Once you purchase your ticket you will be emailed a link and password to watch the show live on Nov. 7. Artists and arts organizations are struggling during this time of COVID. Your ticket purchase is a valuable donation to the Tanner Dance program. Your support will help us continue to create worthwhile human beings, one student choreographer at a time. Thank you!
Ring Around the Rose – Nov. 14 at 11 AM
This year’s Ring Around the Rose performance will be a virtual event presented by Repertory Dance Theatre featuring the CDT High School II and Dance Ensemble classes, as well as selected classes from the Studio Program and Tipping Point Dance Company.
Watch the performance on Saturday, Nov. 14 at 11:00 a.m. by registering with the button below. This is a free, family-friendly event.
Follow us on social media for fun dance and art ideas!