Dancer + Parent Check List:
1) Read through the updates on Health + Safety
2) Read through attendance requirements, and parking
Health + Safety Reminders
We had a great first week at Tanner Dance! Thank you parents and dancers for helping us keep our community dancing safely. Here are a few important reminders:
- All dancers must be dropped off in the west circle. Please do not drop dancers off in the east circle and have them walk around; we need parents to be present during temperature checks in case a dancer needs to return home. The only dancers who should be walking around to the front are those students who drive themselves.
- Please remember to bring your own mask to class and to socially distance at all times. Your mask must cover your nose.
- Please be respectful of our office staff, teachers, musicians, and parent volunteers as they remind you to social distance and sanitize your hands.
Watch our dancer training video to learn how to return to the studio safety. Thank you to our CDT Dancers’ Council for helping to put this together!
Zoom Options + Attendance
- CDT dancers can Zoom classes if they have a medical need. You will need to contact the office at email@example.com to get the Zoom link for your CDT class when the need arises. Please notify us at least one day in advance of your scheduled class.
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Healthy dancers are expected to be in class. As members of a performing company, it is important for the dancers to regularly train their bodies and creative skills. Please schedule events with family and friends outside of dance time.
Parking options for parents
Parking is free after 4:00 PM in the Institute lot and garage. These lots are located on the south side of South Campus Drive, across from the Trax station. It is about a 5 minute walk from these lots to Tanner Dance.
If you are coming to volunteer, you may park in the Tanner lot. Please pick up a sign to place on your dash from the check in table in the lobby.
Reminder: Parking Policies 2020-2021
- For the 2020-2021 year, we are asking that all dancers be dropped off and picked up.
- At this time, parents will not be allowed to park in the Tanner lot, with the exceptions of: parents attending a Parent-Tot class, parent volunteers helping with COVID safety, and teen dancers who are old enough to drive themselves to class. Parking passes can be purchased at the Tanner Dance office for $7 per month or $20 for the semester. Please bring exact change. Parking passes are non-refundable. Passes are not required for Saturday classes.
- Due to our limited number of parking spots, even if a Tanner lot pass has been purchased, Tanner Dance cannot guarantee that there will be open spots during your class time. Please seek out other visitor parking options on campus if the Tanner Dance lot is full. Parking in the west or east circles is not permitted, unless you are a high school dancer driving yourself and the Tanner lot is full.
- University Commuter Services is no longer allowing Tanner Dance patrons to park in the central garage Monday – Friday. You may use the garage to park for free on Saturdays.
- Parking areas are designated by signs specifying the type of parking allowed and the hours of enforcement. Unless otherwise stated, permit lots are enforced year round, from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Saturday parking near the studio is usually plentiful and free, with some exceptions for sporting or other large campus events.
- Parking regulations are enforced year-round, including during breaks and between semesters. Permit areas and meters are not regulated on state holidays. Fire lanes, restricted areas, designated reserved and disabled spaces are enforced 24 hours every day of the year. Violators will be ticketed. For more information, call Commuter Services at 801-581-6415 or visit the website at www.parking.utah.edu.
Tanner Dance Office Hours
Beginning the week of August 24, our office hours will be Monday – Thursday from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, and Friday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Our office staff is working hard to ensure a safe and enjoyable dance experience for all our students and faculty. In order to properly sanitize the studios and monitor dancers’ safety, we may need to occasionally step away from the phones. As we navigate through COVID, we ask that you please be patient as our response time may be slower than usual. Thank you!
CDT Handbook + Calendar
Click the buttons below to download this year’s CDT Handbook and Calendar. Please note that all dates are subject to change. We appreciate your flexibility this year!
Reminder: Adjusted CDT Class Times for Fall 2020
As part of our health and safety plan, we have adjusted some of our class times to accommodate cleaning and sanitizing our studios between classes, and to decrease the amount of dancers traveling through the hallways at the same time. Please check below to see your new CDT class time.
- Miss Melony’s 3rd grade: Tuesdays 4:30 – 6:00 PM
- Miss Mimi’s 3rd grade: Tuesdays 4:30 – 6:00 PM
- Miss Mary Ann’s 4th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 4:15 – 5:45 PM
- Miss Ann’s 5th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 4:15 – 5:45 PM
- Miss Ashley’s 6th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 4:30 – 6:00 PM
- Miss Tina’s 7th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Miss Diana’s 8th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Miss Natalie’s 9th grade: Mondays + Thursdays 6:15 – 7:45 PM
- Miss Corinne’s HS I: Mondays + Thursdays 7:45 – 9:15 PM
- Miss Joni’s HS II: Mondays + Thursdays 7:45 – 9:15 PM
- Miss Chara”s Dance Ensemble: Mondays + Thursdays 8:00 – 9:30 PM
Follow us on social media for fun dance and art ideas you can do at home! Share your creations with #tannerdanceathome.