Dancer + Parent Check List:
1) Read through the info below regarding drop off, class procedures, etc.
2) Make sure your dancer has the correct attire for class.
See all our past newsletters here: https://tannerdance.utah.edu/td-blog/
WARNING: There is a football game scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 2 on the U of U campus. Please plan ahead for traffic.
Heads Up! No classes will be held on Labor Day, Sept. 6.
A big congratulations to our incredible Miss Tina Misaka on receiving the University of Utah Arts Educator Award! Thank you for sharing your inspiring teaching and masterful choreography with Tanner Dance!
Dance + Art for Young Children
Come experience the joy of dance AND visual art together! This class for young children, ages 3 ½ yr – 5 years is offered on Tuesday mornings 9:45-11:45 AM. Enroll today by clicking the button below.
Fall Session General Info
We are so excited to begin a new year of dance with you! Our fall session began this week. Please read through the following information carefully so that your dancer is ready for a wonderful year of dance.
Masks: University of Utah programs are not allowed to mandate masks. However, not everyone in our community is vaccine eligible, including youth and people with certain health conditions. Wearing face coverings continues to offer health benefits. The staff and faculty will continue to be masked for the fall session, and we strongly encourage our dancers and parents to please do the same.
Drop Off/Pick Up:
- All dancers should be dropped off in the west circle, and picked up on the east side (see detailed instructions below).
- Temperature checks are no longer required.
- As we begin the fall session, and until we have more information about vaccines for our young population, we would like to continue to minimize large casual gatherings in the lobby. Please plan to drop your dancer off, rather than waiting inside. If you have a very young dancer, you may accompany them inside and to their teacher, but please arrange to wait elsewhere until the end of your child’s class.
- Everyone who enters the Tanner Dance building will be asked to sanitize their hands, and dancers will be reminded to sanitize as they exit after class.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located on the east and west sides of the building and outside each of the studios.
- Dancers should only attend class if they are healthy. Please keep your dancer home if they, or anyone in your household, are feeling sick.
- Teachers will verbally check for COVID symptoms at the beginning of each class.
- All studios will be frequently disinfected including door handles, railings, bathrooms, benches, and ballet barres. Floors will be sanitized each night.
- Classes will return to their regular time slots. There will no longer be a 15 minute break between classes.
All of the above information is subject to change should the public health situation change.
BIO RELEASE FORMS
The University of Utah requires that we have a Bio/Release form on file for all of our students. When you registered for class you should have been sent an electronic version of our Bio/Release form via DocuSign from a member of our office staff.
If you have not completed this form, please do so before classes begin. If you’d rather fill out a paper version, please click here for a PDF of the Bio/Release form, and bring it with you your first day of class.
WHAT TO WEAR – CREATIVE DANCE CLASSES
- Dancers need to wear clothing that allows the teacher to properly see alignment in order to prevent injuries and incorrect habits. Typically, attire for girls is a leotard and leggings or dance pants, and attire for boys is a close-fitting t-shirt with dance pants or athletic shorts. If you have a non-binary or gender fluid dancer, please have them choose the attire with which they feel the most comfortable. Dancers should be able to move freely without restriction.
- Please no bare midriffs.
- All hair should be pulled back and secured.
- We will be dancing in bare feet. Please arrive to class with clean feet.
WHAT TO WEAR – BALLET CLASSES
Each ballet class has an assigned leotard in addition to pink tights and ballet shoes. Please click the button below to see which leotard your dancer needs.
**The following information pertains to students attending classes at the Tanner Dance University of Utah campus. If you are enrolled in a satellite class, more information will be coming soon.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
Tanner Dance is located on the University of Utah campus at 1721 Campus Center Drive, Salt Lake City.
Drop off is in the west circle accessed via 1725 East. Please remind your dancer to walk on the outside of the cement balls as they exit your vehicle and walk to the doors. Dancers should enter Tanner Dance through the main west doors.
Pick up is in the east circle accessed via 1800 East. Please be timely in picking up your dancer.
- A limited number of parking passes are available for the Tanner Dance lot on the east side of the building accessed via 1800 East. Passes are $7 per month, or $20 for the semester (August – December), and can only be purchased in person from the Tanner Dance office beginning August 19, 2021. If paying in cash, please bring exact change.
- Please only purchase a pass if you absolutely need one. Please DO NOT wait in a stall while your child is in class, as this makes it difficult for other dancers who need to park. If you need somewhere to wait, the LDS Institute parking lot is free after 4:00 PM. This lot is located just south of the Huntsman Athletic Center.
- Please do not pull into the Tanner Dance lot to pick up your dancer. Please line up along the edge of 1800 East in front of the circle.
- Even if a pass has been purchased, Tanner Dance cannot not guarantee that there will be open spots during your class time. Please seek out other visitor parking options on campus if the Tanner Dance lot is full.
- Tanner Dance passes may not be used to park in reserved or handicap stalls, or in the Central Garage. Please obey all posted signs.
- Parking is generally free on Saturdays throughout campus except for reserved stalls.
Tuition installments begin September 1. If you signed up for tuition installments online, our office staff will be soon be contacting you by phone and email to set up your payments.
CANCELLATION + REFUND POLICY
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, you will be contacted by a member of our office staff. We will help to transfer your dancer to another class, or issue a refund for any tuition paid.
- We do not provide refunds for missed classes.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Tanner Dance office at email@example.com or 801-581-7374.
We look forward to dancing with you!
Follow us on social media for fun dance and art ideas!